Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A different kind of Otter...

My brothers and I went to check our trap line and my dad decided to come along. We were on the second to the last set and we had a beaver set across the eddie. My dad looked up and said "you guys, caught something....it looks like a giant muskrat." When we were able to get up closer we could see that it was an otter. I was so excited, where I live there is a quota of 15 otter per year and only 2 per person. It is considered as awesome as a bobcat!




They are a mandatory report and tagged with a special tag. we were number eleven of the year. Another trapper I know caught number twelve the same day.



We also went to a fur sale on Saturday. We didn't take all our fur just 4 rats, 6 coons and 2 ounces of porcupine hair and we were able to make $165! It is good because someone also stole one of my $18 traps and I need to replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment